Monday 13 August 2012

Reaching Auntyhood...

You know you've entered auntyhood when...

  • you buy a cooker and a kadhai.
  • you go to three different shops and also look online, so that you can buy the best cooker at the least expensive price.
  • while paying for the cooker and kadhai, another aunty asks you how much did you pay for the cooker and you proudly tell her you got a great deal, and on which isle of the the supermarket can she find it.
  • you stock up tiny dabbas to store 'masala'.
  • you can differentiate between the different kinds of dal- moong, masoor, tur, chana; and no longer refer to it as big yellow dal, small yellow dal, orange dal, the other yellow dal.
  • you also are obssessed with keeping the cooking stove and platform super clean.
  • you secretly believe that you will get fit/healthy now that you cook for yourself.

5 comments:

  1. Ditto! when I first moved to Mumbai! Soon you're going to be discussing recipes. I bet! By the way you can call me for Rajma recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Rajma! I dont know a receipe. I'll call you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One tip.. you ll have to have at least 6 whistles for the Rajma to cook properly. Else, soak it overnight and then go for 3 or 4 whistles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. everyone seems to have entered auntyhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going furniture shopping on sunday and I have developed a new fascination for collecting free/secondhand cheap glassware. sigh..

    ReplyDelete