Tuesday 3 July 2012

Singing in the rain!!!

So, I love the rain. Absolutely love it. The crazier it rains, the better it is.

While, I walked home from the bus stop last evening, it poured and poured and poured. I was drenched within a minute and it felt so nice. The electricity was out and the only light on the road came from headlights of cars passing by or from candles lit in shops. The maddening Mumbai monsoon, slight water logging and a beautiful night. As I walked in the dark, under my umbrella... I sang. I sang as loud as I could. I sang about singing in the rain and I sang about candles and then I sang some more. I sang in the middle of the road. I sang on the footpath. And I sang under my umbrella. The rain was loud enough for none to notice and so I sang some more. 



1 comment:

  1. The clatter of rain on floor, drops lashing on face, almost piercing through the skin. That feeling is beautiful, when it is coupled with a rain song, sung loud,in the middle of roads under a night the night sky of Mumbai. Power cut, and substitute light source such as candle and headlights just add to the rain glamor.

    ReplyDelete