Tuesday 31 July 2012

House hunting- Day 1

Dear People of Hyderabad,

Please, give me a chance to think that you are not psychopathic* idiots.

No love,
Jan


I have moved to Hyderabad to do my M.Phil. On the first day house hunting:

  • 7 people refused to even talk to us after they knew that we were single women
  • 1 said that I should have a family (I do! I do! but I'm not married you see.)
  • 1 house looked like it was out of a set of slumdog millionaire. With paint chipping off the walls, no sunlight, no water, cement floored toilets with no proper plumbing.
  • 1 uncle, with a lit cigarette in his hand, asks us if there would be any adults around. (I'm going to be 25 years old in 15 days, and you think I'm not an adult, you sucker!)
  • 2 houses did not have proper water supply

Will start the search for a house again tomorrow. Hope we find the perfect house tomorrow.


*for a more elaborate reading of the word psychopath refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy


No comments:

Post a Comment